FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving points between accounts (General Discussion Thread)
Old May 14, 2019, 4:03 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I called earlier today to transfer 100,000 points from wife's account to mine (she was on the call with me). Miraculously -- so it seemed -- the whole call took less than 3 minutes, and the agent confirmed the transfer, concluding by telling us both of our new account balances, which were correct.

The 100k were immediately deducted from wife's account, but they have not yet appeared in my account.

Any data points on how long this might take? (My main concern is that if, for some reason, they were supposed to post instantly and instead they were sent to the wrong account or something, a wrongdoer could spend them, etc., etc., and I wouldn't trust Marriott to be able to sort it out.)
My last two transfers have taken around 5 days. Points were deducted immediately but it took about 5 days for them to appear in my spouse’s account.