FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old May 14, 2019, 2:21 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Horace
Also, Marriott eliminated rollover nights. And except for those who did not upgrade their Chase Marriott Visa, Marriott's branded credit cards no longer provide an elite night for each $3000 of credit card spend.
Also: Marriott eliminated giving 15 elite nights for each Marriott credit card you have, and now just gives 15 elite nights once a year no matter how many (1+) Marriott credit cards you have. So for example the last 2 years I got 30 nights from having both a Chase Marriott personal and a Chase Marriott Business card, but now I just get 15 nights. I doesn't matter to me personally, because I have enough lifetime status with Marriott that I have little point in chasing annual status, but I'm sure there are others whose Marriott status got "deflated" as a result of this change.

Also, Marriott eliminated giving 10 elite nights for every "Rewarding Events" meeting you hold. It was easy to get to 50 nights with just 5 meetings and no actual stays before, perhaps for the cost of just a small handful of nights, but no longer.

So Marriott obviously went out of their way to get rid of loophole after loophole that made it easy to get to 50 or 75 nights with very few actual nights.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 14, 2019 at 2:27 pm