FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pink Sands Club - Canouan (Grenadines)
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2019, 12:33 pm
travelgirlcanada

Originally Posted by Fc912
Any recent experiences here? Looking for a place to go in November (US Thanksgiving). How does the beach compare to somewhere like Anguilla / T&C?
We spent two weeks in Canouan in December 2017 (we go to T&C every year and were just in Anguilla for a couple of weeks in December 2018), I highly recommend all of these locations for beach but they are all very very different in overall flavour and vibe. Canouan is VERY quiet - almost noone there. In fact, my husband had the golf course to himself almost the whole time we were there. I can answer whatever specific questions you might have if you are interested but very high level thoughts are as follows:
I think T&C has the most expansive gorgeous beaches with a good balance between active/non-active activities and great food on the island. We actually go every year for a couple of weeks.
Anguila has a lot of beaches with amazing food options but very busy (at least where we were at the Four Seasons). We like it but don't LOVE it like many people do and would choose Canouan or Turks over it in a heartbeat (although the food was exceptional everywhere we ate...)
Canouan has a couple of beaches but the main draw for us was the exclusivity and service on the property (butler service, golf carts to get around, very quiet) and the remoteness/uniqueness of being there - but there is really nothing to do there but relax.....the main beach (the one the hotel faces - Godahl Beach) is similar to Grace Bay but very tiny in size....other beaches are very small and a short golf cart ride away. One of the other beaches has some 'weediness' (a small one that the owners of the villas frequent) where they serve cocktails and lunch. Overall we loved it since it felt like it was our own private island and the staff and service was fantastic. I think it will become one of the more coveted luxury vacations in the coming years so I say visit now. We happily will go back. I will say that Turks and Canouan are two of our very favourite places to vacation and we have been to most of the islands in the Caribbean at some point. Happy to answer any further specifics.