FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class
Old May 14, 2019, 9:52 am
bambinomartino

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by HomerJay
If that was an early morning flight out of IAD, DCA, or BAL, that could have been me.

I take my diabetes meds (Onglyza and Glipizide) at 7am every morning, and the doctor says they should be taken with food. My flights from the DC area airports to the west coast all depart between 625am and 730am. I will grab a fast food sandwich of some sort at the airport and carry it on with me. After I take my meds, I eat the sandwich (but very little of the bread or bun) so that the meds don't drop my blood sugar below the safe level. I then take the uneaten carbs and wrap them in the sandwich wrapper and give them to the FA to throw away.

It's better than waiting and hoping for an early meal service or being "that guy" who wants his breakfast an hour before everyone else.

If there's someone sitting next to me, they'll get the explanation that I have to eat something with my meds, and I've never had a problem. Everyone has been understanding.
I think and hope that most people are understanding, except for the types who are so upset they had to start a topic about it. My post was meant to poke fun at them.

You bring up a very good point that there may be a variety of medical and other valid reasons that necessitate such "transgressions". I suppose the moral of the story is if you do bring outside food to First, it had better be haute cuisine.