FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old May 14, 2019, 8:30 am
IcHot
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The train runs every 15 minutes, except during the holidays. I think that is frequently enough, and as I stated, just be aware of the schedule, and as long as one is exiting the rear doors of the Hilton Paddington with 5 minutes to spare, one should be OK if one is an average speed walker. I also buy my tickets in advance whenever I can (the further out, the more you save) and have the HEX app on my mobile to show the ticket checker.
It depends on your situation. It might be perfect for you and still be a poor value for others and that's OK.

HEX is expensive without the ability to buy quite far in advance and it also depends on the number of people in your group.

If you buy within 2 weeks, it is more than £22.00 pp. For my family, that would cost more than the average night out at the HGI Hatton Cross. Even the cheapest fare is £32.00 for a group of 4.

The Hilton Paddington is several hundred pounds a night for a group of 4. The airport hotels can be more accommodating at a fraction of the price.

For some price matters and for some it doesn't really matter. Most people are paying for the feeling and the expectation. They pay to feel they are in the very center of the action and for luxury and convenience.

What I've found is that if I can save £250.00+ on the last night when we are invariably trying to pack all our purchases to take back home, I can spend it more enjoyably during the earlier part of our stay.