FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]
Old May 14, 2019, 6:03 am
freed0m

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by brunos
On the 77W, the window seat is a bit back of the middle seat. If you sit say in 12K, you will have a difficult time seeing what your daughter is doing in 12G. If you sit in 12G, you will have to bend forward around the head "protector" of the shell, but you will have a better view of her.
Having two middle seats is good to look after her (you can slide the seat forward). And you can stand up and help her a little across the divider, program cartoons on her TV,,... But if you need to really assit her, you will need to walk a long way. But it is not so far if you are in rows near the galleys. I have done this with a very young child and I prefer the middle seats as I can always communicate with the child even during take-off and landing.

Again, there can always be a last-minute ac change, if the frame scheduled for CX715 departure from HKG at 8:25pm has a big delay on its incoming flight.
Thanks for the advice.

My daughter is going to need assistance to sleep, probably I have to carry her to sleep 1st, then put her back into her own seat later.

I probably will choose G and K seat.