FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old May 14, 2019, 5:18 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
Nice summary. I used to stay at the Hilton Paddington on overnights, then the T4 Hilton, for a while the T5 (especially when it had its own shuttle bus) but now it's always the T4. Taking two trains to/from T5 isn't bad, and I prefer that to relying on busses or taxis or Uber or minicabs (all of which I've tried a few times).

Convenient in that the hotel is inside the station, but still inconvenient in that the train is pricey, and if you just miss one it seems like a very long wait for the next, made worse by it sitting there for so long, closing the doors to falsly suggest imminent departure.
The train runs every 15 minutes, except during the holidays. I think that is frequently enough, and as I stated, just be aware of the schedule, and as long as one is exiting the rear doors of the Hilton Paddington with 5 minutes to spare, one should be OK if one is an average speed walker. I also buy my tickets in advance whenever I can (the further out, the more you save) and have the HEX app on my mobile to show the ticket checker.