FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question on booking Hyatt rooms with points...
Old May 13, 2019, 8:03 pm
TravelBum23

Newbie question on booking Hyatt rooms with points...

Hi, I'm beginning to like Hyatt's SLH's additions a lot and would like to know a couple of basic questions on booking standard rooms or standard suites with points. We have a young child that's under 2 so the couple of bookings at Hyatt hotels was a non-issue, but as she'll turn 3 soon (vacation plans where Hyatt properties are considered will be after child turns 3). We are mainly interested at Hyatt properties, including the SLH additions in Asia & Europe (basically outside of the U.S.). Every time I search as 2 adults it's no issue in getting availability at intended hotels, but once I add a child, it doesn't show any availabilities & basically says the hotel is not available for pts booking at this time. So does this mean I have to contact the individual hotels to book the rooms--is this the only way? If so, will the additional pts be 1/2 of what the standard room or the standard suites would be (eg. standard is 20k, now it's 30k, etc.)? How do I book standard suites? Thanks so much for any helpful feedbacks!