FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old May 13, 2019, 7:51 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The Hilton Paddington is an expensive train trip to a pricier property with a poorer lounge than either of the two airport Hiltons. The OP is a Gold so likely to get lounge access.

Whilst HGI's can be good they are not really full service properties and either of the two airport Hiltons are better options than any other HGI I have visited.

The T5 Hilton is further away (best option Uber to get there and back) but has better rooms and public space. The T5 Hilton has a great Indian Restaurant

The T4 Hilton has very small rooms unless you are lucky enough to get a suite which are very nicely laid out. The T4 Hilton has a great Chinese Restaurant.

The T4 Lounge is I think bigger and better than the T5 lounge.
Nice summary. I used to stay at the Hilton Paddington on overnights, then the T4 Hilton, for a while the T5 (especially when it had its own shuttle bus) but now it's always the T4. Taking two trains to/from T5 isn't bad, and I prefer that to relying on busses or taxis or Uber or minicabs (all of which I've tried a few times).

Originally Posted by Dax1956
We will probably go with uber or a cab to get from the hotel in terminal four to departures at terminal five. Trying to do the most convenient way.
With kids and a lot of luggage, a taxi or Uber or minicab will be the most convenient. It's also more expensive, but especially when staying on points, probably easy to justify. (It is a longish drive though, not appreciably faster than the trains.)

Originally Posted by stc
Hilton Metropole isn't that much further than Paddington and often quite a bit cheaper. I haven't stayed there in a couple of years and some people say it can be a zoo but it seemed OK to me especially for the price and the London location.
The Metropole can be more convenient than the Paddington, depending on which Tube lines you want. The indoor pool is decent.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Generally not a huge fan of airport hotels, unless I've got a 6:00AM flight. The Hilton at Paddington is ridiculously convenient to LHR.
Convenient in that the hotel is inside the station, but still inconvenient in that the train is pricey, and if you just miss one it seems like a very long wait for the next, made worse by it sitting there for so long, closing the doors to falsly suggest imminent departure.

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Covered walkway from Terminal 4. About a 5 to 10 minute walk.
The walkway between the terminal and the hotel is enclosed, but it ends just at the smoking area of the hotel, and there is a short (maybe 1/2 block) distance that's outdoors and uncovered. If it's raining or snowing this could be an issue for some, and having to go by the smoking area can be unpleasant.