FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific - Move Beyond
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 4:47 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by cx4ever
Not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but Bell said they'd be introducing new in-flight entertainment. I'm assuming that means more options but it doesn't seem overly clear – not that special of an upgrade considering they should update IFE-content every couple months? Surely they wouldn't launch an entirely new system when many jets still have the old one right? I guess we'll see...
Interesting. I wonder what the premise is? New hardware? Software? Is he referring to content?

Of the many criticism of CX, I never considered StudioCX one of them. Sure, the screen resolution on the non refurbished planes isn't great, nor is the backlighting. (But both been fixed on the refurbed planes. And it's not terrible on the old onrs) And some months content gets thin based on your interests especially if you fly tons. But overall, I have to say I think it's been a consistently good to great system for the 10+ years I've been loyal to CX. Often they have some or all of great Western TV shows, I got into The Wire in 2008 thanks to CX, am 10 years late to the Game of Throne party and just started, and watched The Sopranos there too. While some months aren't good, I find especially lately they have many movies I could watch.

But maybe they are referring to something perhaps in conjunction with the 777X launch in 2 years?? Something a bit bigger and robust like Emirates ICE? StudioCX is still darn good though IMO.