FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 1:12 pm
Scotch

Originally Posted by Scotch
Thanks for sharing your data point. I finished my $3K min spend 11 days before statement close date. I know the documentation says 6 to 8 weeks; but I had read posts here and elsewhere saying it can happen within days of finishing the minimum spend (with no differentiation as to first or later statements). I think if the bonus miles don't post by Tuesday, I'll assume it's not going to happen with this first statement. I can't wait until the next statement close since I'm looking at a June trip; I'm pretty nervous about not having tickets yet for an international trip. I hesitate calling Chase as I figure they'll just tell me the official "6 to 8 weeks" statement.
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Yeah I dont think I'd wait much longer, especially if it's likely to be around May 6th when your bonus posts.
Just reporting back so folks have a new data point. I have NOT received my 50,000 sign-up bonus miles to date. I got approved on March 4. As my old posts indicate I finished the minimum spend of $3K ~11 days before first statement close (or that's my interpretation). Nothing came days after my first statement close. My second statement closed on May 4. A few days after that I called Chase to ask if there's any problem with my account. The agent said it looks fine on his end, that based on his experience I should definitely be getting the bonus points a few days after the second statement close. Well, I guess I'm the exception since we're coming on 9 days past the second statement close. I'm not overly stressed about this right now because I am no longer waiting to use these bonus miles. I managed to get our award tickets last month (via payment to recover expired miles on my spouse's account and a successful request to have UA make an exception to the 18 months deadline to recover expired miles on my account). But folks getting a new card hoping to use the bonus miles should be prepared to wait for the stated "6 to 8 weeks" or longer even though posts all over the Internet indicates most people manage to receive their bonus miles shortly after the first (or second) statement close.