FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum rental car benefits?
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2019, 12:10 pm
saunders111

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Log in to your AMEX Platinum card account. Go to "benefits". Scroll down to "car rental privileges". Choose your program and click on "enroll now". You should be prompted to enter your Hertz/Avis/National account number which, in turn, should update/upgrade your status in those programs.

I enrolled in National's program and received Executive Elite status via my Platinum card benefits. Once confirmed, I then emailed Hertz with my National electronic "membership card" and asked for a status match to Hertz President's Circle, which Hertz granted for 14 months.

(My first rental (at IAH) I paid $99 for a three day weekend mid-size car and chose a Chrysler 300 for the same rate.)
Thanks for the instructions.

Strangely, on my Platinum card benefits page, it only lists Emerald Club Executive status as a benefit, not Executive Elite status. (And when I clicked through to gain the status, I only got Executive status at National.) Is this a benefit downgrade since you signed up for all this, or am I missing something critical?

Thanks,
saunders111