FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old May 13, 2019, 5:18 am
danpeake

Originally Posted by savingwizard
I bought a money order today but could not locate it after I got home trying to deposit it. I even could not find the receipt as it was with the money order.
I went back to walmart and luckily they were able to retrieve the receipt and a money order serial number. I'm not 100% sure the serial number on the receipt is the money order serial number as I need to remove a leading zero to fill the money order replacement request form at moneygram.com. When I check the status of that money order with that serial number, the response is "This item requires further research", but it let me fill the replace form request.
To retrieve the money I have to stop the payment before it is cashed. I don't think any check can be cashed today (Sunday.) Can anybody clear it Monday before the stop payment takes effect? I checked my mobile deposit history, seems it takes 1 business day to clear the money order e.g. if I deposited a check last Sunday, history of money order on moneygram.com will say it cleared Tuesday.
Good luck. Please keep us updated our the outcome!