FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury South Africa (with a twist/kids)
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2019, 8:20 pm
Lebron2323

Luxury South Africa (with a twist/kids)

Thinking about a South Africa trip with our 2.5 year old. Any recommendations for luxury hotels that are good for kids? I think I’m an ideal world we’d do approximately 4 days each in Johannesburg general area, Cape Town general area, and Kruger.

Weve come to really enjoy: (1) ‘urban resorts’ - places that are close enough to the city that allow you to easily go to the city center, but that also are a little bit removed from the center and have a pool and resort feel; (2) Aman-like pavilions that allow space for indoor and or outdoor dining in your room (it’s SO much easier to not have to sit through meals with our son in a restaurant); (3) places with a beautiful natural setting (willing to stay outside the city for this)

Anything that fits the bill above? Would like to stay at an average price for the whole trip of ~$800 usd/ night, but open to spending less in certain places and more in others.

Thought about doing the four seasons a little outside of Johannesburg (they’ve always treated our soon very well) but some of the reviews suggest it’s dated. Mount Nelson has always held appeal in Cape Town but don’t think rooms have a ton of space there; same story for Mont Rochelle. Looking for recommendations for Kruger lodges that could accommodate a 2.5 year old as well (maybe we’re crazy and should put off this trip until he’s older!). Bushman Kloof looked right up our alley but I think they may have a no kids policy.

Thank you!