FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Recline in Economy - Regulation
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2019, 8:19 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Yes. No disagreement there. I've had lengthy conversations with my wife about this so she understands the difference. Part of me wanting to post this is to understand what is in writing specifically regarding the request that was made by the FAs. If it's their policy it should be in writing. It should not present a situation where FAs, other passengers and yourself are at odds over what should and shouldn't be allowed, especially considering the disparity of this topic across different airlines and this having been an international flight. I feel like it does a disservice to passengers to avoid putting enforceable policies in writing, and it lets the airline hide behind the FAs who have to do the dirty work while the airline can avoid having to do something that might affect sales like putting in writing policies that restrict freedoms in the cabin.
Curious what your take is on other unwritten but obviously common sense rules of flying are? If you put your feet on someone else's armrest simply because your legs need to be comfortable and the FA asks you to remove your feet do you ask to see it in writing? If you don't want to abide by FAs requests perhaps you should fly private. Stop making Americans look bad.