FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]
Old May 12, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by gambda
James, thank you. I'm also exploring the option of taking the shuttle landside from the Arrivals area of TBIT, after I check in for my NZ flight.
Once I'm in T7, clear security there, head to the Polaris lounge, spend a couple of hours there and then make my way airside to TBIT.
Would this be a better option rather than walking airside from TBIT to T7 and back to TBIT ?
I always go to the *A lounge at TBIT which is nice if it is not too crowded. The outside patio with the fireplace is nice but every time I go it is a little bit chilly / windy for me due to PM NZ departures. Ever since United opened its brand new Polaris lounge, I've been wanting to give it a try and spend more time there.
Out of curiosity, will you be checking in bags for your NZ flight? If you're not, I suspect you should be able to just check in online, head straight to T7, and just show the TSA agent your boarding pass. If that's not the case, then what you suggest seems reasonable. I have not taken the land-side shuttle before. However, I suspect it'll be easier than trudging between the two terminals.

My experience at US airports is that so long as you have a boarding pass for a flight departing out of that airport on that day, the TSA will be more than happy to let you clear security at any of the terminals. When I was at LAX I cleared security at TBIT initially to access the * lounge there (even though flight was taking off from T7) and when I was at EWR I cleared security at Terminal B to use the LH lounge (even though my flight was taking off from Terminal C and not connected in any way airside to Terminal C).

Safe Travels,

James