FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old May 12, 2019, 6:22 pm
gnomey

Originally Posted by Quarantine
I'm not OP, but I've encountered something that hasn't happened to both P2 and myself before. Last month, when P2 tried to apply, he got an instant denial message: "Unfortunately, we were not able to approve your application. You will receive written notification with details regarding our decision in approximately 7-10 days", and the letter in the mail said "you have submitted multiple applications".

Today, I just tried using a mailer again for myself, and I got the same instant denial message as P2.

I wonder if both of our accounts have some kind of restriction now. How long would you suggest that we wait from our last application attempt before trying to apply again? It doesn't seem that the 2/65 and 1/8 rule is applicable to our case, so I wonder if there's a different hidden rule that I didn't know about.
apply once every 60+ days, then drop to every 55 days, every 50 days, every 45 days etc.
eventually you will figure out a pattern for yourself at which threshold you will begin to hit the MAC wall.