FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old May 12, 2019, 7:44 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Hi would you all be kind enough to help me choose? I have a flight from terminal 5, but the Hilton at terminal 5 seems a long way away. And the hopper bus seems unreliable.. So should I go with the Hilton at terminal 4 instead? I'm interested in the lounge and convenience of getting to the terminal. Thank you all very much.
Originally Posted by MP001
If you must have a lounge your alternatives to Hilton T5 are Hilton T4 or Hilton Paddington.
Both reachable via the Heathrow express train. To reach T4 you need approx 5/10 min via a free transfer, the Hilton is connected to the terminal via a covered passage. For Paddington you need about 20 minutes on the express. The Hilton Paddington is right in the station, in front of your arrival platform..
Generally not a huge fan of airport hotels, unless I've got a 6:00AM flight. The Hilton at Paddington is ridiculously convenient to LHR. On shorter stays to London, I usually pick it because I have easy access to so many parts of London on the tube, and there is enough to do within walking distance if one wants to turn in early the night before one's flight.

The morning of departure, one can choose to have breakfast at the hotel, or just hop on the HEX to LHR and be at the check-in counter 25-30 minutes later depending on terminal (if you plan ahead and are aware of the HEX schedule). The walk from the hotel is all inside the Paddington station, so no weather concerns, and takes a couple of minutes to the train from the exit of the hotel.