FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s your best “I can’t believe that I made that flight” story?
Old May 12, 2019, 12:46 am
gaobest
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Two times...
feb 1996, dub-Lhr-mad - I’ve checked in at DUB and am having a leisurely coffee with friends. We say farewell at security and I’m walking past the security, retrieving my carryon, and I hear a page. Get to my gate and I’m among the last on flight... GA mentions that they were preparing to remove my luggage!

july 2018, Sfo-ord - 11:00a flight gets rolling MX delays and soon it’s near 2:00p. We are at the same gate and GA mentions that boarding for Sfo-ord will soon commence. My wife goes to get an iced tea and GA makes a new announcement for the flight pre-boarding pax, adding that PAX for the delayed 11:00a flight should be at a different bud nearby gate! Eek. My son and I get to the other gate and see that it’s mostly empty but thankfully it’s not yet closed! I ring my wife, tell her to go to the new gate ASAP, and she has to hustle over without her paid-for iced tea. Lucky that we made that flight because I doubt there would have been another Sfo-ord with room for 3! These flights are always full.