FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia/BA nightmare
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2019, 7:18 pm
Im a new user

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Follow-up: only option offered by Executive Club was cancellation of ticket with full refund of Avios/taxes/fees. This was notified less than 4 days prior to originally ticketed departure flight despite previous assurances from BA over each of the last 4 days that they would find a solution. Was told to follow-up with Customer Relations regarding further compensation/EC261. Can’t wait to hear what their response will be a month from now.
It is not clear if you have accepted that offer or not, but if you did, then I'd point out to BA that BA had to inform you of your rights and that you, as a result of BA not doing this, made the wrong choice and that you request compensation for whatever extra costs this lack of information from BA caused you. I'd also show up for check in at the airport so that you can document to BA that you were there.

I'm not sure what you should do next. Potential options are to rebook yourself on whatever flights you can book at the airport after Iberia denies boarding and then demand that BA repays you, or requesting that BA pays whatever it costs to postpone your holiday until BA has fixed your booking (i.e. requesting that BA covers extra hotel expenses and any lost salary from your employer). I'm not sure if a court would accept both options.

Regulation 261/2004 is a problem because only IB is liable under that regulation, but BA is the one who messed up.