FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EZE-BOG-LAX, is a one hour ten minute layever in BOG enough to change
Old May 11, 2019, 10:57 am
theboss7593

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
The biggest problem in my experience with BOG is not the delays taking off or enroute, it's the landing piece. In fact I've found the GYE-BOG, GYE-CLO segment to ALWAYS leave on time. Amazing really... As a whole despite the rest of life in Central and South America the planes run ontime. COPA, TACA(when it existed), LATAM (unless delayed because of security AT JFK but that's not the airlines fault), AVIANCA and AeroMexico. Knock on wood I think I'm close to batting .1000 with all of them... 40 + flights. (small sample sure) Sure when things go wrong they really go wrong there is almost never an easy replacement aircraft of sorts but I have been far more pleased with their OTP than United or especially American.

I do though come to expect to have to wait 45-75 minutes once on the ground in BOG for a ramp spot to open up (not even a gate) to then offload onto the good ole shuttle bus ride to the terminal which is another solid 15 minutes...I know one of the EZE planes is operated by a 319 so I'm sure that's a ramp trip for you, the 330 you would think gets a gate to avoid this... That's what I would look at, type of aircraft your on...

I Usually have 2 hours- 2 hours 20 minutes to connect at BOG and I've never made it to the lounge... And I always fly in J. So I'm first off doesn't matter with the shuttle bus.. The one time I had time someone in my party forgot their passport on the plane and there was all sorts of commotion and time lost which almost resulted in us missing the JFK bound flight.

Last edited by theboss7593; May 11, 2019 at 11:02 am