FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2019, 7:51 am
allbrosca

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pokee
Maybe...how easy is the app? I don't want to dick around with sending them pay stubs/tax returns (like I have to with Scotiabank and then still get declined). I think I've been spoiled with my easy Amex and MBNA churning apps....

My credit score is excellent, but I hold a lot of cards.
Two thumbs down on my experience with the HSBC card. I have had the card about 6 months. The credit limit is so low that I can't book a business class ticket and a hotel stay without going over the limit. I called to get them to raise the limit and first thing they asked about was my other accounts with HSBC of which I have none. Ultimately I got a letter that the increase was declined and when I called in to ask why they said it was due to infrequent use - because I don't use the card enough. What a pile of crap. I tried. I have had multiple transactions declined while travelling because I would exceed the limit. I guess I will be cancelling this turkey when the annual fee comes due. I do like no forex fees so I will probably go for the Scotia but I have learned my lesson and will first check the limit.