FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia/BA nightmare
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by BA6501
I wouldn't accept that, if it were me. I'd ask them to keep the booking as it is (i.e. don't refund) and seek redress via CR. Accepting a refund, in my book, shows you are OK with that resolution - and BA could (well, would, it's BA after all) state that there no longer is a contract of carriage.
Agree, but don't know what more I could have done. After conferring with supervisors, the Executive Club agent made it clear they would not be pursuing any other option (such as securing available seats on another OW carrier). I was told cancellation was my only option. I made it clear that I was not okay with this resolution and considered this an involuntary fare refund per BA's Conditions of Carriage. We'll see what Customer Relations has to say once they get around to reviewing my correspondence. Interestingly, the Avios have still not made it back into my account. You'd think they could at least manage to do that efficiently.

-FlyerBeek