FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019
Old May 11, 2019, 12:07 am
SEA737

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AA2070
It's Fridays. Which probably helps with the overselling and the need to rollup - remember these birds are nearly 30% premium seats and only 104 total seats. But yes, 5 times on 2542 and 2 times on 211 I've been upgraded to J at the earliest possible moment and been given the opup at the gate. I never asked for it, it was just given. Today I was actually turned away from the gate (late boarding, late incoming connection) when I scanned my 10F boarding pass and it said Seat Duplicate - the agent assumed I'd already been reaccomodated - before the gate supervisor chased me down on the way to the AC yelling my name and saying I'd actually been moved to 3A.
That's crazy. But yeah, Friday makes for a full flight and need to rollup.

No experience on what op ups look like for you the way back to Boston?

Although I actually think BOS->LAX is the much more valuable op-up because you get access to FFD on arrival, which IMO is the biggest differentiator between J and F on these birds (although understandably some don't value it as much). And I guess the F seat is also more valuable LAX-bound. I find I sleep as well in the J and F seats, but I don't mind direct aisle access when awake.