FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019
Old May 10, 2019, 9:20 pm
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Staybridge Suites Syracuse (Liverpool) NY USA

Staybridge Suites Syracuse (Liverpool) NY USA

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked "Studio Suite 1 Queen Bed Nonsmoking" at 11:30pm on night of arrival - received upgrade to full 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds
Amenity points posted automatically

How are the rooms?
I have stayed here a few times in the past and this is the first time that I have noticed the hotel finally starting to show some wear. I noticed some worn down fabric on the furniture and a little bit of stains. Also the drawer of the nightstand would not stay closed and the shower head was erratic. It's still nice but it's definitely not as nice as when it was brand new.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A and the complimentary breakfast was not nearly as good as in the past, although the eggs were actually decent. I arrived a half hour before closing and many items had not been restocked plus the counters were messy. Two staff members in the kitchen chatting the entire time I was there.

What was good and what was bad?

Good -
  • Great location for highway access - directly in front of the entrance to the Thruway but not loud
  • Tons of free parking
  • Still providing plentiful HOT water in the bathroom
Bad -
  • Starting to feel worn
  • Lackluster breakfast
  • Suite was proportioned strangely; not quite enough space in the bedroom for two beds but living room was bigger than it needed to be
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It's only 15k points, so I think it is still a good value but it's not the incredible value it was when it was new.