FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class
Old May 10, 2019, 4:22 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by trooper
If you mean taking the photo and posting it here with a condescending attitude? Absolutely agree. If hot food is going to be banned because of the smell (although apparently the airline meals get a free pass on that for reasons I don't understand) then why is pungently strong hot coffee considered to be alright? That gives me a headache....
I have always thought it is just me with the coffee issue, I get the same problem on trains as well as flights!

Fully agree on smells, to be honest I find some airline meals have quite the strong smell that I dislike yet they are all considered ok! Also some cold food (tuna) can really smell yet I assume no one objects to a cold sandwich someone may bring with them!

Also had a baby in a seat next to me once, to say there was quite the smell there also would be an understatement, can I object to that?

Its public transport, if a smell of the most sucessfull fast food company in the world gets on your nerves or you see it as a reason to look down you nose at someone then I think you should get a private jet instead! If they leave greasy finger marks over the seats thats differrent, but last time I checked BA have very greasy crisps in many of their lounges and Club World help yourself and they leave your fingers just as greasy!!