FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences
Old May 10, 2019, 9:27 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Very impressed on Thursday. SAN-LAX: PDB proactively offered to everyone and the same during the flight (FC as coach got the water service). Same day return LAX-SAN: PDB and drink service. For such a short flight very impressive. They ran out of light beer (for the gentleman next to me) as apparently catering only puts two light beers on the flight - on a 6.45pm departure that seemed odd to me but the pax.next to me had a Stella instead.

Kudos to the FAs on both flights.
Well disappointed by the SFO-LAS flight yesterday. FA stands and waits for everyone to board. Delayed flight so everyone was waiting. At the last minute she comes round with water (I was thinking there was not going to be a PDB and the lady next to me had to ask at the end of the safety briefing if the FA would hang her jacket). Plenty of time to have asked and served a PDB.

During the flight I asked for a coffee and she made a face at me and said she would need to go to the back of the plane to get it. I smiled and said thank you. Was not offered a second cup although others were asked if they would like a refill of their drinks.

Lazy FA. SFO-LAS is a longer flight than SAN-LAX and same number of pax in FC for both flights (12). PDB is not that difficult.

Or UA should just stop saying a PDB (of your choice) will be made available.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; May 11, 2019 at 4:22 am