FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Recline in Economy - Regulation
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 7:27 pm
hyperzulu

Originally Posted by t_cliff
Sound like a DYKWIA here. Meal time, landing, take off have always been a no recline time for most airlines forever. Being tire is no excuse of reclining seat in said time.
Lol I didn't claim me or my wife are special travelers. If someone in front of me wanted to recline, that's their right. If I wanted more room I would book business class or first. My wife just wanted to recline her seat during a time when seat recline should be allowed. Unless there is a true black and white regulation, it's just courtesy to do X, Y, or Z. I don't agree that an FA should try to force a passenger to raise their seat outside of take off and landing. They can ask but forcing the passenger and claim there is a regulation seems wrong. Especially given the circumstance, the passenger in the rear has plenty of space to eat and drink with the way the tray is set up.

It sounds like there is no regulation on this. My wife should still have complied with the FA. I asked her to but she refused their and my requests.

I don't know that I agree that seat recline has always been off limits during meal service. I'm sure you'll find around the world that plenty of FAs will either ask once as a request but not force. I guess there may be some cultural differences. I can almost guarantee no FA on a US airline will force a passenger to raise their seat outside of take off and landing.

I appreciate the responses. If someone knows of a written policy on this I would love to see it. Maybe this is something I can ask KE to clarify.