FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First soft product: your experiences
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 7:01 pm
flyingmonkie

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
I thought BA15 was basically 2 overnights with an afternoon layover in SIN?
Good news about the deodorant though, I know a lot of people here will be happy with that, myself included.

I'm a smoker myself, but it's an outdoor sport as much as possible. If I get a hotel room that smells of cold tobacco, I don't even unpack, it's straight back to reception to get another room. Did you speak to CC about it? I'm sure they would have had a spare for you to use.
Apologies, a misttype I was on the BA16 SYD - SIN and not the BA15. You are correct about the timing of the BA15 but the BA16 is an afternoon from SYD to SIN and then an overnight from SIN - LHR.

I didn't raise it with cabin crew because it was one of those times that I was doubting myself and not sure if I was smelling cleaning fluid or something else. Like many of these things you think about it afterwards and I'm increasingly certain it wasn't right.

I would usually agree with you on the hotel room but there have been a couple of occasions where there was no alternative (messed up bookings so only smoking rooms available) or on one occasion when I was just too knackered to have the fight that night so I'm familiar with the smell of tobacco overlaid by things to try and cover it up.