FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi Warranty - First claim ever and denied
Old May 9, 2019, 3:08 pm
timfountain

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Tumi Warranty - First claim ever and denied

Beware of Tumi's so called lifetime warranty. I've had my Alpha 2 carry-on roller board for ~2 years. The absolutely worst part of the design is the add-a-bag strip that was shipped with the suitcase. For one the strap is too long and allows the attached bag to scrape on the ground at usable angles, secondly it comes off easily. The biggest issue I have is that the darn thing broken at the plastic clip that supports the second bag. I raised a warranty claim and I just heard back, after 2 weeks and 2 follow-up emails, that it is not covered as it is an 'accessory'. Yes, it might be an accessory you can buy, but it is also a part of the original purchase. To say that I am underwhelmed by their response would be an understatement. For a $645 bag, with a lifetime warranty I expect that something supplied as part of the purchase would be covered, no if's or buts.

Can anyone suggest a contact or contacts at Tumi I can escalate this to and any thoughts on how to get a new one from Tumi, without shelling out for another one?

TIA

- Tim