FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Scam calls
Thread: Scam calls
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 10:54 am
Jimmie76
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by HMPS
Thanks. On the cell I can block numbers.
Sometimes I do answer the landline phones, especially if I have just made an appt and the ID shows a very similar name !. Other times I just may answer to waste and play with the caller ! I will reply as " Thank you for calling Expert Consulting Services and immediately ask for their name and credit card number....why they ask ...." we charge $ 125 an hour to talk to us, so CC number please "!.
I used to get a few on my landline that would be "technical support" for my computer. I've told them I use my computer for internet banking only and am very worried if there's a problem. I can certainly connect to the internet but I'll need to hang up now to be able to connect. This usually generates questions as to why I have to do so and I say so the modem can dial my ISP. I then just put the phone down. A couple of them even called back and I put on an accent and pretend to be somebody else or a business. I don't have a landline anymore because they were the only people who called me on it.

On my cell/mobile that I use for calls I don't tend to get many maybe one every six months. On the phone I use for email, WhatsApp etc. about once or twice a fortnight I get called. As I don't take calls on that phone and don't hand the number out I can tell it's a likely to be a scammer and I don't answer. I may call the number back from my work but it nearly always turns out that the number is not in service.