FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite guarantee not honored
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 10:26 am
TommyC80

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by etsmyers
In my 17 years of elite status, I never have had to invoke a guarantee.

Last night checked into the Fairfield inn, Dover, DE. No mention of elite status. Got to my room, 2dbl and I always book a K. scrolling through I find my confirmation for a K.

This am, prior to departing, I discuss it with FD manager who blames the system. I then tell her I am entitled to cash compensation for failure to acknowledge status and also the incorrect room type. She does not believe me and says she will give me points. I produce the elite guarantee page and her only reply is that she will not give me cash until her manager comes in, unknown time.

I had to leave. I had allocated 15 minutes for this discussion and we were now at 20. Now the kicker. I call the illustrious elite line. They say I booked 2 dbl. I tell her I have my confirmation for 1K, oh. She says they will notify the property. Now I am not local. It’s not like I can drive 3 hours to collect $25.

next thoughts? Do I say screw it?
this happened to me at a low tier brand last year. I had a confirmation for a king bed, got a queen bed. I called the front desk and the night manager said they only had queen beds at their property...I mentioned the elite benefit guarantee as well and he said he couldn’t give me any money until his manager came in at 10am (I was leaving at 6am).

I had to call Marriott about something else a couple days later and mentioned the matter to them. The rep opened a case and about six weeks later a check for $25 from Marriott corporate showed up at my house.