FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite guarantee not honored
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 10:08 am
GoPhils

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Score8
The only burden on the customer is to book and pay for what they want...in this case a K bed. There is zero duty for the customer to complain immediately if they don't receive what they paid for. This is 100% a situation where either by accident or on purpose, the hotel provides the wrong bed type in the hope that the customer won't complain - usually because they have overbooked kings. Whenever they get called on it, evening or morning, its still a violation.
It's a "violation," but they didn't really have a chance to correct it which seems to at least be the spirit of the guarantee. That's like complaining about your food at a restaurant after you ate it all.

Originally Posted by allset2travel
If my confirmation email said King, I assume it will be king. Why do I still need to ask to confirm again at check in?
Well I for one don't often actually look at the confirmation email after I get it initially (if it's just for a standard business stay). But I know I often book rooms with 2 doubles if that's all that's available or if they're cheaper, but I don't really keep track of it so just ask at the FD what bed type it is/if any Kings are available if I think of it. If not, then I might check my confirmation to see if that's actually what I reserved.