FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Rush to a Window Seat if You’re Just Going to Shut the Shade all Flight?
Old May 9, 2019, 6:36 am
jb3t

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Why Rush to a Window Seat if You’re Just Going to Shut the Shade all Flight?

Is it me or do a large amount of people seem to rush to a window seat and then immediately shut the shade? This irritates me. As I board A16-A20, I typically grab exit row aisle. It seems that 75% of the time, a person strolls along a few people later, quickly grabs window and then SHUTS the shade for the entire flight. Might get lucky 1/2 through and have the person inch open the blind for 10 seconds and then shut again. I’ve even had this often on clear, night flights. I once had a guy fall asleep flying into Vegas at night (who does not want to see that?) so every 2 min, I reached over to inch up the blind until it was open. My contention is if you’re going to just shut the shade, take an aisle seat.

Now... I get if you’re trying to sleep, nestling into the window, if the sun is shining in your face, or if there’s lightning that you’d rather not see but come on, if it’s an hour or two flight on a nice day and you’re not being bothered, keep the shade open. Haha.