FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CE restricted to 7 rows
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 2:54 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Mayhew
On our flight from LHR to LCA onboard one of the new A321 Neo’s they had 12 rows of CE packed onboard - whilst there was enough food for passengers (it was breakfast service) the staff were stressed as they ran out of soft drinks mid flight. They also kept drawing the curtain back making CE passengers wait up to 15 minutes whilst the crew turn-by-turn used the only toilet at the front of the plane (after eating a couple of passengers breakfasts that they had declined during food service).

I was also under the impression that the Neo’s had non-reclining seats (something I was looking forward to!) but alas, I think because they have the older Pinnacle seats in CE - the recline option is still there.

Since the loss of the wardrobe a couple of years ago on A320 Gatwick Fleet (and then no-one wanting to choose seats 1A and 1C because of no bulkhead and people loitering to use the WC) the offering onboard has taken a nose-dive. Ultimately though, BA have an advantage in that they are the incumbent for a “full service” short-haul product.

Going back home today on one of the Heathrow A320’s - looking forward to having the middle tray, additional catering storage and bulkhead back!
Thanks for reporting your experience.

When you mean by no wardrobe in front of row 1ABC, do you mean the new Neo fleet as well? Also when you mention " looking forward to having bulkhead back!" do you mean also that row 1DEF on Neo's doesn't have decent legroom similar to the old fleet. This information would be really useful for the community.
Also, I don't know why but the first 12 rows on A320neo's and xx rows on A321neo's ( don't know the exact number ) are still Pinnacle seats, that I find really strange on a Euro-J configured aircraft. TK used to have different seats on the first 5 rows of their 737-800's back in the 2000s even though they were all Euro-J.