FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}
Old May 9, 2019, 1:58 am
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by paterwdb
I'm on probably my 10th stay at the Conrad Saint James. I have to admit, I'm starting to wonder if the loyalty to the property is worth it. The location and the lounge are definitely the plusses. But it is starting to lose it a bit on the soft product, and I'm so tired of the upgrade games.

I booked with cash this stay - a King Executive and a King Deluxe. For the King Executive, I was told I was upgraded, but it is on the 1st floor, with a beautiful view of a dumpster, which I get to hear them empty every morning. For the King Deluxe, the "upgraded" to a Twin Executive - I can't imagine how they figured this was an upgrade. I'm Diamond, so "Executive" means nothing, as the rooms are no larger, and I already have lounge access. And I guess I could have complained about the room and view, but I checked in around 1pm from an overnight flight, and it just didn't seem worth it. Something about having to fight to be treated well just tells me it probably isn't a fit anymore.

Noticing small cutbacks as well - not huge things, but where there used to be overnight shoe shine, you now find a shoe mit. Molton Brown toiletries are gone, this is the third room I've had where the speakers in the bathroom don't work. Used to get a welcome amenity that was somewhat impressive, this time I got four pieces of chocolate, etc. I think it is probably time to give up on this place, which is sad to say.

Maybe the granola will keep me coming back.
Granola at Bankside is identical to here, at least it was when I stayed a while back.