FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Alcobas, St Helena (Napa Valley), CA [Left Marriott]
Old May 8, 2019, 1:18 pm
jbeans

We just stayed there last month, so I'll chime in with my experience as well. It was mixed, and I can't say we plan on going back.

1. Arrival also confusing, took a few minutes to figure out where to park and check-in.
2. We were upgraded from a ground floor vineyard view to one on the 3rd floor. Beautiful room with great view. That was the highlight of the entire stay. Everything else went downhill from there.
3. We were there for 3 full days, and 2 of the days our room did not get serviced despite the "make up room" light being on. (I tripled checked after they didn't show up on the first day.)
When we asked for housekeeping and fresh towels, we were told to grab drinks at the restaurant bar while they find a housekeeping staff. On one of the nights, the front desk staff apologized and said "have a round of drinks on us." However, we were still presented with the bill and drinks were NOT comped. We complained twice to staff, as the issue did not seem to resolve itself. Only on check-out we were able to talk to a manager, and she only agreed to comping a small lunch we had, saying she did not know anything about comping drinks.

TLDR: great hard product, but service leaves a lot to be desired. We plan on trying one of the other properties in the area next time, maybe Auberge.

Last edited by jbeans; May 8, 2019 at 1:29 pm