FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections through Madrid Airport
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 11:39 am
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by megb89
Newbie here, so apologies if anything is unclear!

I have separate tickets booked BOS to MAD (Norwegian) and then MAD to ATH (Aegean). According to my confirmations, DY7754 arrives into T2 at 11:30am May 17th, and A3703 departs from T2 at 1:45am May 18th. I have a few questions, mainly regarding the lengthy amount of time I will be spending there. (14 hours!)

1. I am assuming since everything was booked separately, I will need to go through Customs/Immigration upon my arrival from Boston which would put me outside of the secure area of T2. How early before my next flight would I be allowed back through security, assuming I can check in online? Hand baggage only.
2. If I cannot get back through security until much closer to my departing flight, is there anything to do in the landside area of T2 (restaurants, shops, lounges where I could buy a pass)? Ideally I'd love to be able to grab a shower and relax at some point but not sure whether or not I'd be permitted in a lounge until a few hours before my flight.
3. If I leave the airport, what would be a good way to kill time? I have never been to Spain.

Thanks all!
Your flight from BOS will arrive into T1. If you have hand baggage only and a boarding pass, you can follow signs to connections and go straight into T2 after clearing passport control and security. You can go into T2 as early as you want, assuming your boarding pass is for the same day (1:45AM of the next day is considered the same day for all intents and purposes). Looks like Puerta de Alcalá has showers.

With this much time, I'd suggest leaving your carry-ons at left luggage, catching the train or the bus to the center and exploring Madrid. If you have PriorityPass or *G you may want to stop by the lounge and have a shower. The lounges in T123 are not very special though.