FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections through Madrid Airport
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 11:25 am
megb89

Newbie here, so apologies if anything is unclear!

I have separate tickets booked BOS to MAD (Norwegian) and then MAD to ATH (Aegean). According to my confirmations, DY7754 arrives into T2 at 11:30am May 17th, and A3703 departs from T2 at 1:45am May 18th. I have a few questions, mainly regarding the lengthy amount of time I will be spending there. (14 hours!)

1. I am assuming since everything was booked separately, I will need to go through Customs/Immigration upon my arrival from Boston which would put me outside of the secure area of T2. How early before my next flight would I be allowed back through security, assuming I can check in online? Hand baggage only.
2. If I cannot get back through security until much closer to my departing flight, is there anything to do in the landside area of T2 (restaurants, shops, lounges where I could buy a pass)? Ideally I'd love to be able to grab a shower and relax at some point but not sure whether or not I'd be permitted in a lounge until a few hours before my flight.
3. If I leave the airport, what would be a good way to kill time? I have never been to Spain.

Thanks all!