FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN or Signature) [2017>]
Old May 8, 2019, 10:54 am
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like Logix FCU's cards might be PIN preferring (or at least support PIN for purchases). From this article:

“It’s easy to use, whether you’re in the U.S. or traveling abroad,” Meyer said. “We went with a Chip and PIN profile when EMV technology came to the U.S. That means you can use this card anywhere in the world, and it will meet that country’s requirements.”

The feature also helps boost security domestically, as many current EMV chip-enabled cards require only a signature to complete a purchase. With the addition of a PIN, members can rest assured their card data remains secure and can be changed quickly if the card number is ever compromised.
and their info page:

Q. Why do I have to enter a PIN when I use my chip credit card?
A.
Chip and PIN is the highest level of security provided on chip credit and debit cards. There may be some merchant terminals that will ask for a PIN to be entered with your purchase.

Q. What if I can’t remember my PIN when I’m traveling abroad?
A.
While traveling abroad, if you are asked for a PIN and cannot remember it, there may be a different terminal that will accept the magnetic stripe. Otherwise, you can call (800) 932-4003 to change your PIN over the phone.
(I'm not sure about the "some" wording above. It could either be taking into account the many US merchants that disable PIN for some/all transactions, or referring to unattended terminals. Additionally, the need to change the PIN over the phone if forgotten seems to imply only supporting online PIN.)

Eligibility seems to be simply living in one of AZ, CA, DC, MA, MD, ME, NH, NV, or VA (or being related to someone who's already a member). That all said, given that contactless is where the rest of the world is going, I'm not sure about applying for an account/card without it built in. However, Apple Pay (and probably other mobile wallets) do seem to be supported.