FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old May 8, 2019, 10:11 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfcharles1
that says it all. Once again the loyal customer comes last.
UA is a business, not a charity. If a public corporation isn't working to increase returns for its shareholders, its officers are breaching their fiduciary duty.

And put the other miles to get status on other non-American carriers, whose loyalty plans and customer service are better.
Customer service? Sure, although I find customer service for 1Ks to be mostly fine. In-flight service is very hands-off, instead of obsequious, but that works fine for me. As for the loyalty plan, though: I'd be curious what loyalty plan would be better for a US-based flyer who (a) mostly flies domestic and/or (b) isn't likely to attain relevant status in multiple programs.

MileagePlus redemptions are going down the toilet, but my upgrade percentage this year is over 85%. Sure, a couple of those have been instrument-supported, but there are a lot of CPUs in there also.

I now keep United because of the hub, nothing more.
I would rather connect up front than fly nonstop in the back. If I lived in SFO, I doubt I'd fly UA much at all.