FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spend accounting for AC vs. WJ
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2019, 9:36 am
chunerrr

Programs: AC, HH
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Best to check the WS website.

"Subject to the exclusions below, annual qualifying spend is one hundred per cent of the amount spent on eligible published base fares for WestJet-marketed flights you have flown within a qualifying year and, twenty per cent of the individual portion of the base price of eligible WestJet Vacations packages you have booked on or after August 20, 2018 and completed within a qualifying year."

So, AC uses Base Fare and YQ, WS uses Base Fare - I assume they don't tack on YQ. It should be the same.
Appreciated and forgot good friend Google. Found AC AQD definition (can't post URL due to fewer than 5 posts). I think that answers my question.

If anyone has feedback/disagreement on my specific scenario I welcome the insights. Using corporate agency I'm only allowed to book lowest logical fare, hence the low AQM earning power. The only way for me to maintain status with AC is through segments, which I have a hard time seeing myself doing year after year. Earning any sort of status with WS would be so much easier and I assume it's better to have some sort of status than none at all.