FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old May 8, 2019, 4:12 am
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by klanfa
Are Mileageplan award prices for AS flights dynamic now? I saw some PDX-SEA-BZN itineraries price much lower than SEA-BZN (e.g. 5k vs 12.5k). I checked a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice anything like that; there were plenty of SEA-BZN at 5-7.5k, but now they all seem to be gone in favor of 12.5k offers - even when PDX-SEA-BZN is 5k.
Originally Posted by klanfa
Any input on this?
The discounted short distance awards (under 12.5K) are capacity controlled and dependent on not only saver space available but the lowest revenue fare buckets need to be open. Saver for the under 750 mile hop award may book into 5/7.5/10/12.5. In addition to Saver (W) space 5K awards there needs R, 7.5k needs T, 10k needs G.

Originally Posted by safari ari
Couldn't find a guide to redemption bookings on AA. Anyways, is it possible to tag any additional segments onto a mileage TCON AA flight at the partner business level (or at all)? I am able to see a direct flight from JFK-CA but anytime I try to do a multi stop to add a segment to say SEA it disappears, guessing it is not possible, love validation though.
No stopover is allowed on north america partner award. Other than JL and AY, no other partners allow stop-over on a regional award. Its limited to 4 hour connection only since its Domestic

Last edited by CDKing; May 8, 2019 at 4:28 am