FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread
Old May 8, 2019, 4:04 am
andimilk

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Name of the hotel: Novotel London Waterloo

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior Queen, got Executive Queen. I have stayed at this hotel for Work a few times and have consistently been upgraded to an Executive Room.

How are the rooms? The room is probably a bit smaller than average size for a Novotel. This hotel oddly has mix of rooms in the newest Novotel style and the style before that. The executive rooms are of the older of these two styles but was perfectly nice and seemed very clean. I accidentally knocked a glass under the bed and despite it being wet and having rolled halfway under, it came out with no dust on it! Nice large bathroom in this style is appreciated.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Service, Bar, Location. The hotel saw we were travelling with our infant son (first time in a hotel for him ) on the booking and proactively offered us a cot and explained that we could use room service to heat up baby food etc. Bar and restaurant food is very good for a hotel bar although we didn't have any on this occasion. Similarly, from previous recent stays I can say the breakfast buffet has a very good spread in terms of quality and range but this time we met friends for breakfast instead.

Bad: Some stains on the sofa - definitely time to replace this. Robes were missing on arrival. I keep telling them they need to upgrade the Bose iPod dock in these rooms. They put it as a selling point on the website, but the docks are not Bluetooth compatible and have no aux input and very few people travel with an old-style iPod which is the only type that fits these docks! Just silly in 2019.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drinks for two anything from the bar except premium wine (sparkling) or premium spirits. Small welcome amenity of extra water and a truffle cone. Came with welcome note form GM.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, the location of this hotel is good for me for everything I need to do in London whether it be business, visiting family or friends or even a bit of tourism (tried to show the baby the sights of London - mainly for some pictures for the album - but he slept through them all). Booked this family stay in the private sale so it was even better value than normal.