FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old May 7, 2019, 7:30 pm
canuck_traveler

Originally Posted by khanmin

canuck_traveler, So...just to confirm, it is possible for the waiver of $25,000 atleast up to the platinum correct?

I’ve not traveled on China Eastern before, so I am willing to do coach if it’s comfy. And or if they do upgrades to atleast their premium for a small price...with bidding, if there is any luck with that? Or any other of the airlines...recommendations.

As you mentioned Aeromexico flights...would that double up the miles in one round VS doing 2 of that in coach class? Or any other country where 1 premium/business class would get me the same miles vs flying coach 2 or 3 times?

Also, like I said I’ve Gold with Delta...is there any luck on flying a longer route to like Hawaii/Alaska on certain days for nailing possible free upgrades and getting close mileage as well as pricing if I were to do international? Or maybe do low key states in US (where not a lot of people fly) runs in few days for a good price?

Any insight or suggestions would be great. Still pretty open on dates as listed above with trying to cover 50k + miles. With that said, my budget isn’t too high or too low....more if I may ask how much do I need to be looking at to make this possible?

If I can get biz class or premium class that will give me double/triple miles in one shot vs doing the same flight in coach 2 or 3 times I’m open for that.

Ps. As they say free upgrades available in 50 states, including Alaska & Hawaii...that always means just DL flights correct, or is there any partners that honors that too?

Sorry I know a lot of questions...just trying to get the right track...as I’m new at this.

If you can reposition to New York,

China Eastern, JFK-SIN (via PVG), $500 - $600 (economy) depending on dates, starting in mid September. Bookable on Expedia.com. Immediate turn.

similar prices to other places in Southeast Asia