FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 7, 2019, 4:38 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I thought that allowing room service for the breakfast benefit (including delivery fee -- my folio was $0 when I checked out) is a nice touch -- it's above and beyond what is required.
The Glob breakfast at PHNY explicitly does not include the delivery fee for room service (and I ask about this every time at FD during check-in, since the Glob benefit itself changes so frequently). I've been charged for it every time, so you've just gotten lucky.

I do agree that offering the room service option at all - delivery fee or not - is an odd (and very rare) way this property manages to go 'above and beyond'.

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
And, if we are talking points (as you are), then, yeah, I agree with the others that it is better than the other options. For example, Andaz 5th Avenue is a very good property, but I would always pay 30,000 points at the Park Hyatt rather than 25,000 at the Andaz Fifth Avenue. It is surely a 20% better property.

But is it 100% or more better? Not in my view. If we are talking cash, I would never pay the Park Hyatt rates as opposed to sub-$300 at Andaz Fifth Avenue.
The issue is whether it's worth 30k points versus just paying for a room (or even a suite) at the Andaz, or maybe the other Hyatt properties I haven't tried. It's pretty easy for me to redeem at 2cpp - but even at 1.7cpp, then that's effectively still $500+ for the PH.

And if staying at a Hyatt isn't necessary, that's getting into the range of a lot of lux hotels that I'd consider over the PH...

For sure, I'm fed up enough with the property that I'll probably try the Centric and maybe the Thompson hotels on my next visits to NYC.