FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilot commenting OHB closing in Polaris can disturb those in 777-300 crew rest area
Old May 7, 2019, 10:39 am
bluedemon211

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by clubord

Respectfully, you may want to re-read the original post. Your interpretation is quite different.
After 7 pages of comments and over 8,000 views it appears I have my answer. It appears this was a one-off situation. Thank you for the feedback.

Just to answer some of the questions in the thread and suppositions made (which are totally understandable if someone was not there), let me add a little texture:

-The pilot was pleasant and professional. He was not condescending or snarky. He simply stated his request and demonstrated the proper way to open and close the bin. Never having heard that before, it caught me by surprise.
-When I asked my question, he smiled with kind of a "yeah, I know what you mean about the FA slamming stuff all flight, but I am not going to say anything..............I have to fly with them the next 7,000+ miles.
-The FA that gave me the death stare eventually warmed up and chatted me up a bit after dinner. He was not happy I called out the FA's but understood EVERYONE needed to be more polite when interacting in public.
-The lack of civility in general in this day and age leads to a lot of bad behavior. Treating everyone with more compassion and kindness goes a long way............especially if you are going to be locked in a metal tube together for 16 hours.

The bottom line is this appears to be an isolated situation. That said, consideration for others should be in place for all of us. I am guilty of being over-tired and probably less tolerant than I should be on long haul flights. Thank you to everyone that gave feedback and viewed the thread.