FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 10:34 am
yurtripper

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just a one night stay here recently prior to an AM flight so not going to a give a detailed review as I didn't check out the fitness/solarium, etc.

I got upgraded to the top floor (9th). In reference to the post above by WoodyWindy (5 years ago) there *was* a coffee maker in my room. I can confirm that the water pressure is epic, so much that I had to dial it down considerably because, thanks to the euro-style glass half-door, I would have ended up flooding the entire bathroom otherwise!

I liked the ambience around the bar/lobby and the Terraza outside, which not only has v. comfortable seating but these dinky machines you can use to request service or ask for the bill without going back inside to the bar. Being a solo traveller here I felt too ashamed to use it so just got on shanks' pony to get another order from the bar.

As a Titanium I got offered the $10 F&B credit or the 500 points so I thought I'd try breakfast and took the credit. At check-in I was told the breakfast cost €15 and $10 was almost exactly €9 so I thought it would actually cost €6. It turns out that €15 was the NET charge and the actual charge on the folio was €16.50. Not only that but they seemed to have an FX conversion akin to DCC in determining that $10 was €8.50 rather than €8.95.

Having said that, I'd definitely go back as I like the location and the value is excellent.