FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old May 7, 2019, 10:07 am
copperred

Originally Posted by spin88
All of the US3's PE hard products are (with the exception of the leg rests) identical. Same seat. I just booked a trip, and ended up with AA in PE, fare was about $100 cheaper/seat, and the "domestic" legs were on A321s in E+, while UA was trying to jam us into a 777 in E+ one way, and I am not riding on that plane.

And on another trip I skipped out on UA and went with AF PE, better service, and was actually cheaper.

At this point, I am agnostic, I am just not flying on any 10x 777s and try to avoid the 7-narrow-7 on long domestic routes.
TBH I've never found much utility in foot/leg rests but they're apparently something people enjoy. For me it's about a little more space, a little more service and a little less other people.

AC's PE I've enjoyed a great deal and their pre-clearance process makes my home airport (DCA) an easy sell, especially after UA stripped so many flights out of IAD. Well that and terminal C/D is the most depressing hell hole and i will avoid it as much as possible. For example I'll fly SK this summer out of IAD in PE and know what I'm getting.

Reviewing UA's fit of seats on some aircraft remains a bit of a challenge for me. I don't think E+ was ever worth the money, but it beat the alternative. The naming convention UA is using though is hard on my head.