FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia/BA nightmare
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by BA6501
Do your flights not show up on Manage my Booking, but with a 'Cancelled' message?

I've had this happen to me more times than I'd care to remember. Thankfully I've always caught it early enough, and only once was there no Avios seat left (but got it released). But yes, completely ridiculous this keeps happening and phone agents have never shown any concern (or apology) - GGL team to boot.
Until yesterday, my flights showed up on Manage My Booking normally. Now there is a small note at the bottom of each segment that says “waitlisted” but with no big red flags to highlight there’s anything wrong with the booking. It would be quite easy to miss if you weren’t specifically looking for it. There has never been a “Cancelled” message displayed on BA.com, only when I try to access the reservation on Iberia.com.

Really quite shameful this this is still a relatively common issue, once caught they cannot fix it properly the first time, and then they leave the traveler hanging with no viable options. Latest update from BA is that they need another (fourth) day to work with Iberia and the OneWorld liaison desk. Was supposed to have a final decision by now on the way forward. TP/UA option not ideal as it departs a day earlier, requires overnight en route, and more than doubles the travel time.

-FlyerBeek